Program of Studies
Ulpan Milah is a non-profit organization whose main aim is to advance the Hebrew language and Israeli-Jewish culture in Israel. To this extent, the program of studies includes recognition of the society and culture in Israel and also the Jewish festivals. Part of the teaching material is based on different stories, songs, films and texts of Israeli origin. The course’s curriculum includes a walking tour in Jerusalem and a lecture relating to Jerusalem.
Examinations and Certificates
At Ulpan Milah we like to promote an open learning atmosphere and the tests during the course of the semester are therefore optional. However, the exam given at the end of the semester is compulsory for all students wishing to move on to the next level. The move to a higher level is dependent on receiving at least 65% in the exam. Obtaining the final certificate is dependent on achieving this pass grade, and also attendance in at least 60% of the lessons in the course of the semester.
As a student at Milah you are entitled to receive a student card that will enable you to benefit from discounts in some restaurants, museums, and places of cultural interest in Jerusalem. A lost card can be replaced for the sum of 40 NIS.
The library service that we offer includes books suitable for all levels of Hebrew. To partake of this service, you are asked to pay a nominal fee of 30 NIS, which will entitle you to borrow books for the duration of the semester.
Places at Milah are limited so securing a place in one of our classes is only guaranteed to students who pay the full price in advance. Attendance in more than one Ulpan class requires payment.
Methods of payment:
• Cash – one payment only
• Credit card – one payment only, we can only accept VISA card.
• Cheque – possibility of paying in three installments. (We do not except cheques from Bank Ha’Doar).
The cost of the Ulpan does not include textbooks used during the course. All textbooks are available from the Ulpan office.
Changing class can be done only with the agreement of the student office and the Ulpan management.
Cancellation, changes and refunds policy
Our refund policy is as follows:
• Up to the start of the course, you are entitled to a full refund, minus a 50 NIS fee (for evening
courses) and 100 NIS (for morning courses) incurred for registration.
• Up to the end of the first week of the semester, you are entitled to a 75% refund from the full
cost of the course.
• Up to the end of the second week of the semester, you are entitled to a 50% refund from the
full cost of the course.
• From the beginning of the third week and onwards, NO REFUNDS are given.
• NO REFUNDS are given to students who join after the semester begins.
To cancel the registration or make any other changes, you must hand your request in writing and sign a cancellation form at the office.
Our office opening hours are between 9am and 5pm, Sunday to Thursday inclusive.
For your comfort, we provide a free water cooler and coffee/cold drinks machines that require payment.
The kitchen area is for teachers and staff only.
Services available in the office:
• Local telephone call – 1 NIS per minute
• Photocopier – 0.5 NIS per page.
• Fax – 2 NIS per page in Israel. 10 NIS per page abroad.
We kindly request that you arrive punctually to all lessons and switch off mobile phones at the beginning of class.